Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 2 of Clean Eating Challenge


2 days into clean eating 28 day challenge and I can say it’s going good.  The main points I’m following is: eat every 2-3 hours (so 5-6 meals a day), drink 1 gallon of water a day, no added sugars and no alcohol. 

This is what I’ve been eating for the last 2 days and for the next 3 days.

Meal 1: oatmeal with chopped apple and 10 almonds sprinkled with cinnamon
Meal 2: 1 whole egg scrambled with 3 egg whites, peppers and Chohula sauce
Meal 3: grilled tilapia with broccoli and ¼ C quinoa
Meal 5: chicken with broccoli
Meal 6: 1 TBS almond butter 1 C strawberries

I’ve had 2 really busy days and I was a little worried in the beginning about being able to plan and prepare for not eating all my meals at home.  Sunday night I portioned out all of my meals and got them ready to put in the cooler.  A big part of the Eat Clean lifestyle is prepping and carrying your meals in a cooler so there are no excuses.  That turned out to be easy so far – I avoided French fries at the zoo, ice cream at home and donuts at the gym (seriously?  Who brings donuts to the gym??).  The hard part has been the water.  1 gallon of water is a lot.  It takes a few days for the body to regulate that and it can be really tough hitting the bathrooms every ½ hour with a toddler in tow.  I can do about ½ gallon right now and I will be up to 1 gallon by the weekend. 

I’ve found the following websites to be super helpful in making this work for me:

Smoothie Girl Eats Too
She has an amazing recipe for a protein muffin that honestly has been carrying me through each day.  It is pretty close to chocolate cake for only about 155 calories, 12 g protein, 16 carbs, 4.5 fiber, and 1.75 g fat. 
She has a lot of great recipes that are all clean.  And she is great at experimenting with ingredients – I am not! 

The Get In Shape Girl
Kyra has great fitness tips and recipes and shares a great story about her own transformation.  She is great at experimenting with recipes while still keeping them clean.

The Gracious Pantry
More clean eating recipes – I love it that she’s a mom too! 

Here’s to 2 days down and 26 to go! 


1 comment:

  1. Great resources Jen! You're inspiring me to get started too...I'm ready to be "clean". Keep the posts coming. They are really helpful!

    ReplyDelete