Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7 of Clean Eating Challenge - Lessons Learned

After a crazy week and now officially into Day 7 of my 28 day Clean Eat Challenge, I have learned a few things about myself.  

1.  "Fail to plan, plan to fail" applies to me 100%.  If I do not have my meals prepped and planned in advance, I either don't eat (not good) or I eat off my daughter's plate(also not good as she's on a 28 Day Pasta eating challenge - she's winning).  I prep all my veggies and proteins on Sunday and that usually lasts me until Thursday.  This week was so busy that I did not get a chance to finish my prepping for the weekend.  I ended up eating tuna out of a can, about 1/2 cup of macaroni and cheese and 1/2 of my husband's homemade taco!  Lesson learned.  

2.  My mind can only handle 3 days at a time before I need a "cheat" meal for my sanity.  I've decided to modify the challenge to 3 days of the Stripped Clean plan and then add in 1 "Clean Cheat".  Then back to 3 days of Stripped Clean eating and so on.  I think this will preserve my sanity and keep the binges at bay.  A Clean Cheat is defined as a cheat meal that is still clean ingredients just not on the Stripped plan.  It will most likely be dessert like!  

3.  A gallon a day of water is proving to be very very difficult!  I'm still at a little over a 1/2 gallon.  The constant bathroom breaks are proving to be somewhat annoying.  My body should be adapting to the extra water, but because I've been so inconsistent it's taking longer than expected.  But, I will keep trying!  

I spent all day Saturday at a Personal Training Summit with 4 amazing speakers.  I'm still digesting all the new information that I learned and will share with you this week.  

Happy Sunday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment