Saturday, December 10, 2011

30 Day Challenge Update

Hey ya'll.  Update on Challenge:

Renewed my tax account in preparedness for spring.  Getting my new iphone on Tuesday - should help keep me more organized, better manage my time and use it to update while on the run or at work.  Scale is going down slowly - down 3.5 lbs.  The last 3 days have been a bit up and down as we have had a new water heater put in and some plumbing done. Less structured eating and lots of running around crazy.  Last night went to see Steve-O at a comedy show - it was fabulous!  Had 2 Bud Light's and 1 foo foo drink, sweet potato fries and a chicken burger.  Not on plan, but back on track today.  Made a sweet corn and potato chowder which was pretty fab.  Already downed 80 oz water and feeling good.
Realized that working out hard (2x last week) really messes with my defecit and I'll need to figure out how to work around that.  I really love working hard, but the deficit is where it's at.  Going to wrap this up and try a 20 min. yoga on-demand to get some strength/flexibility in.


Here's the recipe for Spicy Corn Chowder from "Clean Eating Mag's Classic Comfort Foods".  I made a few changes with the amounts so this is what I did:
(I like to measure in grams on my food scale)

Spicy Corn Chowder

56 g carrots sliced thinly
70 g onions chopped
73 g red pepper sliced thinly
260 g potato - peeled and chopped
278 g frozen corn - thawed
1 tsp olive oil
515 g low sodium chicken broth
1/2 C 2% milk
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
dill for garnish

saute onions and carrots in olive oil. Add cayenne pepper, red peppers, salt and pepper and cook about 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.  Add potatoes, broth and corn and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.  stir in milk until heated through and garnish with dill.
YUM!

Nutritional Info is from the magazine (still searching for an easier way to use it and my fitbit...)
For 1 cup: Cals 144, fat 3, carbs 24, fiber 2, sugars 7, protein 6

Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment